- 1 Why won’t my DVD play on my laptop?
- 2 Why is my computer not reading my DVD?
- 3 Can I watch a DVD on my computer?
- 4 Why can’t I play a DVD on my HP laptop?
- 5 Can’t play a DVD on Windows 10?
- 6 How do I fix my DVD drive on my laptop?
- 7 How do you fix a DVD drive that won’t read discs?
- 8 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 9 How can I play a DVD on my laptop without a DVD drive?
- 10 How do I watch a DVD on my HP laptop?
- 11 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 12 Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
- 13 Does Windows 10 have a built in DVD player?
Why won’t my DVD play on my laptop?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc. Now you can play the video on your DVD.
Why is my computer not reading my DVD?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
Can I watch a DVD on my computer?
All versions of Windows have a player called Windows Media Player. Note: Windows DVD Player app enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store.
Why can’t I play a DVD on my HP laptop?
If this is the cause for DVD not playing on your HP laptop, fix it through: Change DVD region in Windows 10: Search and open Device Manager > Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click on your DVD player and select Properties > click on DVD Region tab, select the region in whicj you want to change to and click OK.
Can’t play a DVD on Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do I fix my DVD drive on my laptop?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do you fix a DVD drive that won’t read discs?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged.
- Try a different disc.
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive.
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method:
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
How can I play a DVD on my laptop without a DVD drive?
Here are a couple of solutions for how to play a DVD on a laptop without a disk drive. How to play DVDs on a laptop without a DVD drive
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now.
- Create ISO files for virtual disks.
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I watch a DVD on my HP laptop?
Put the DVD into your HP laptop’s DVD drive and close it. It should automatically play when you do, but if not, select Media > Open Disc and in the corresponding menu, select the DVD tab. Your drive should be auto-selected, but if not, use the drop-down menu to select your DVD drive. Select Play.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. We recommend downloading this software from www.videolan.org in order to play DVDs on your computer.
Does Windows 10 have a built in DVD player?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. For more info, see Windows DVD Player Q&A. If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store.