What tuning is that’s the way?
That’s the Way is in Open G tuning. Pretty much every song on this album is in a some kind of open tuning. Jimmy Page was a huge fan of alternate tunings. If you want to play That’s the Way along with the recording, you are actually going to have to tune your guitar down one more half step.
What songs are played in open G?
Here are some more songs in Open G tuning:
- Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits (capo on 3rd fret)
- Ain’t no rest for the wicked by Cage the Elephant.
- Death Letter by The White Stripes.
- Gracious by Ben Howard.
- Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood and the Destroyers.
- Nextdoor Neighbor Blues by Gary Clark Jr.
What songs are played in Dadgad tuning?
List of Popular Songs in DADGAD Tuning
- Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.
- Photograph by Ed Sheeran.
- Circle by Slipknot.
- Ain’t No Grave by Johnny Cash.
- Dear Maria Count Me In by All Time Low.
- Black Mountainside by Led Zeppelin.
- That’s When You Came In by Steel Panther.
- Sligo Creek by Al Petteway.
How do you play chords in open G tuning?
As you can see, to achieve an open g tuning, you simply change the 6th, 5th, and 1st strings of your guitar to a D, G, and D note respectively. The 4th, 3rd, and 2nd strings remain unchanged. Strumming all open strings together now gives you a G major chord.
Who sung Thats the way I like it?
KC and The Sunshine Band
What is KC’s real name from KC and the Sunshine Band?
Harry Wayne Casey (born January 31, 1951), better known by his stage name K.C., is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is best known for his band, KC and the Sunshine Band, as a producer of several hits for other artists, and as a pioneer of the disco genre of the 1970s.